- Do one thing well
- Modularity and flexibility
- DebOps itself is just a name, it is the sum of its parts
DebOps is officially hosted on Github at https://github.com/debops/debops.
We accept pull requests on everything. Here’s a quick work flow:
Fork it into your Github account
- Clone your fork onto your workstation
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:YOURACCOUNT/the-repo.git
- Add the official repo as your upstream
git remote add upstream https://github.com/debops/the-repo
git checkout -b somefeaturebranch git add <the files you modified> git push origin somefeaturebranch
Please try your best to make great commit messages. Have a read through
and research how to use
git add -p.
Select the branch on your repo, click the green PR button and submit it.
- Try your best to stay under 80 characters but don’t go crazy trying
- 2 space indentation for everything unless noted otherwise
- Comments and output start with a capital letter and have no periods
For just yaml:
role_barto using a
- Use the multi-line style whenever possible (we’re working on migrating to that)