DebOps scripts are distributed on PyPI, Python Package Index. They can be
installed using the
pip install debops
You can also use
pip to upgrade the scripts themselves:
pip install --upgrade debops
After the installation is finished, scripts will be available in
/usr/local/bin/, which should be in your shell’s
To use DebOps playbooks, you need some additional tools on your Ansible
Controller besides the official scripts. Some of these tools will be installed
for you by
pip as prerequisites of the scripts.
- You need to install Ansible to use DebOps playbooks. DebOps is developed and used on current development version of Ansible, however we try not to use certain features until they are available in current stable release.
This is a Python library used to manipulate strings containing IP addresses and networks. DebOps provides an Ansible plugin (included in Ansible 1.9+) which uses this library to manipulate IP addresses.
You can install
netaddreither using your favourite package manager, or through
- This Python library is used to access and manipulate LDAP servers. It can be
installed through your package manager or using
- This Python library is used to encrypt random passwords generated by Debops
and store them in the
- This command is used to generate unique identifiers for hosts which are then
saved as Ansible facts and can be used to identify hosts in the playbook. In
most Linux or MacOSX desktop distributions this command should be already
installed. If not, it can be usually found in the
- This is an optional application, which is used by the
debops-padlockscript to encrypt the
secret/directory within DebOps project directories, which holds confidential data like passwords, private keys and certificates. EncFS is available on Linux distributions, usually as the
GnuPG is used to encrypt the file which holds EncFS password; this allows you to share the encrypted
secret/directory with other users without sharing the password, and using private GPG keys instead.
debopsscript will automatically decrypt the keyfile and use it to open an EncFS volume.
GnuPG is usually installed on Linux or MacOSX operating systems.